Monday, February 28, 2011

Pagan Supplies

I spent most of today gathering up supplies. When I gave up the craft two years ago Is lowly whittled down my collection to nothing. I didn't even have my old alter cloth anywhere. My tarot cards have vanished (although I can't recall getting rid of them), and I had really given away a lot of my books. Though that had less to do with "quitting" paganism and more to do with lack of bookshelf space. But coming back to it now means I'm depleted in resources so it will take some doing before I have a supply at hand.

However as compared to before (where I was thoroughly obsessed with the newest book/item/incense/oil/etc.), this time I am trying to be a little more practical about it. I have a smaller alter and magickal cabinet. I bought some incense in bulk, just because I know I'll go through it like crazy. I even managed to find my favorite Fizzy Pop scent again. *squees* Love that stuff.

I did a quick house cleansing. I walked around the walls of the house with a lighted stick of incense and whispered quietly:

"I cleanse this house of all malevolent, negative or problematic energy."
 
I also took some time and really did a through clean on the bedroom. Dust, vacuum, laundry and new sheets. Nothing feels quite as good as new sheets after you shave your legs. Nothing. In fact I would argue that as a magick in and of itself. The Magick of Simple Pleasure. It includes things like freshly laundered sheets on shaven legs, a cup of tea with JUST the right amount of sugar and honey, and an undisturbed hour of free reading.

Something else I want to try and start doing meditation. Honestly NOT something I've had a lot of success with beforehand, but I'm reall do think now is the time for it. I have been handling a great deal of stress in my life lately. I'm going through my teaching Practicum's at school. I got a new job as an actual teacher, which don't get me wrong I'm THRILLED about, but it's basically doing lesson plans for two different classes with two different age groups every few weeks. *groans* The house always seems to get dirty when I'm not looking. I'm trying to go vegetarian (I'm almost there! I quit beef in January, Chicken in February and now I'm quitting Fish and Seafood). And on top of that I have to occasionally remind my girlfriend that she exists and is important to me. Meditation would be a welcome reprieve for even a few minuets if I can avoid falling asleep. I get less of that now than ever and I feel it. It's bad when all you can think about during the day is what time do you get to go to sleep next.

Honestly, I'm hoping that involving myself with paganism again will give me something else to look forward to in the day. The next celebration, the next drum circle, the next ritual. it might sound weird but it's a feeling of empowerment that I need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment