Tuesday, May 17, 2011

FINALLY

So I've been a wee bit absentee for the last two weeks. Honestly it has a lot to do with a lot of shit happening. First my mother in law went in for extensive back surgery which took up a fair bit of time. Not the surgery so much but the going back and forth and all since she was in the hospital for a week. She's doing well now! Still in pain but she can move on her own and sit and stand for short periods of time. After that both Laura and myself managed to get ourselves sick as a dog for about a week there and between puking and sleeping there wasn't energy for anything else. And then last week I was just so damn buys with practicum work I didn't have the time or energy to do anything else.

So in other words, I havn't gotten to Beltain yet.

However, seeing as tonight is the full moon I have a great deal planned. At dusk I will start the ceremony commemorating myself into the world of witchcraft. I intend to call upon the Crone, she who found her powers in age and death. I will ask the Old Wild Woman to keep watch over my transition between this life and the next and to guide me with wisdom I do not yet have. I will ask them to test me and make me strong, so that I may know my own capabilities and power.

At midnight I have a dual duty. I will call to the Great Mothers and the Dark Women, those who have found their power in motherhood and sexuality and ambition. I will ask them to mark my movements and show me the meaning of responsibility and purpose. I will also be doing a spell for a friend who is having fertility troubles. I'll be working with Taweret and doing a ceremony to try and aid her womb.

At dawn (yes I will be up all night) I will be working with the Spring Miadens, those who hold power in the new and discovery. I will acknowledge my lack of experience and ask them to help me learn to move through the trecherous beginning times and help manuver me towards paths of creativity and spirituality. I will open myself to the call of the goddess, the unseen and the natural world around me.

Each of these I need to commemorate with song, offerings, libations and such so I have some shopping to do. I will probably be exhausted tomorrow but it will be well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment