Saturday, April 2, 2011

Taking Risks

forestgrovebotanica.com/

The person who runs this shop is someone who have quickly garnered a lot of interest from me. I won't say I agree with everything she has to say, but it is undoubtedly intense and a fantastic read. Her level of ability and knowledge is astounding to say the least and even while taking it with a grain of salt I can't help but be a little impressed with her amassed knowledge.

That being said, I decided to take a chance.

I bought one of her salves. Her Medea's Salve to be specific. Well...it includes mandrake. Yes you heard me, mandrake. Yes I know it's poisonous. Believe me I don't intend to slather it allover myself. I intend to follow all instructions as well as to use the salve in a ritual context only. I intend for my first use to be during the next full moon in April. I'm talking with her right now just to get some more information and make sure I'm fully aware of how this stuff is meant to be used.

I'm...nervous. Maybe even frightened. My intention here is to seek out that spiritual experience. I know there are other ways of doing it and probably ones that work too. This is merely one of several I intend to try. I want to be perfectly clear on this point. I accept full responsibility for the choice I am making here. If goddess forbid something were to go wrong I have no intention of blaming anyone. I intend to follow all instructions and advise to the letter. Laura, even though she thinks I'm insane, will be at home and watching me when I use it with a fully charged cell phone beside her. Just in case.

Maybe it's all for not. Maybe it won't work or even won't have any effect. maybe I'm being overly cautious. But better safe than sorry.

1 comment:

  1. There's a reason why sky divers fold their own parachutes. I think this is the same reason why this kind of salves should be prepared by the person who uses it. But I wish you good luck (and safety) with your experiment!

    ReplyDelete