Wednesday, March 2, 2011

D.I.Y Paganism

 
Remember where I said before hand that I am trying to tone down how much I purchase for my craft? Well part of that is learning how much you can do for yourself. Granted not all of us art artisans, jewelry makers, woodworkers and the like. But sometimes there are ways to get around our little lapses in our education.

This is what I wanted:
This is what I finished with:
 
I’ll be honest. I am so PROUD of myself! *claps hands*
I’m proud with how the large figure turned out save for one small flaw. I didn’t give her a strong enough push and so she bends backwards slightly. It’s not noticeable from the front so I’m not that concerned about it. I used Old English wood polish to give her an aged coloration and then gave her a coat of clear enamel. Once that was finished I gave her her first anointment with sandalwood oil. Once I have everything ready she will go in the middle of my alter.

Same technique with the smaller version, save she's going to come with me in my portable spell kit. *almost can't believe she said those words* I would appreciate comments about their appearance, spiritual iconography and just generally if you like it or not.

BTW they are made from Sculpty clay. I used a necklace to make the decoration on the large figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment