Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ostara Rituals

Like I said, today involved a lot of work. I wanted to include some of the pictures from it so here we go!
These are the Kami Braids. In Shinto practice, these are hung from the trees in the spring to please the spirits of the tree and bring the people luck and good fortune. Typically they are made of rice paper but seeing as how I neither have it or know how to make it I used simple white yarn.I decided on this ritual weeks ago, but now that the Earthquake, Tsunami and resulting impending nuclear disaster has happened, I feel it appropriate to dedicate these to the Japanese survivors and especially the Fukushima 50.
This is how the look as they swing in the tree. Like cute little spirit tails whipping about happily!

These are the seeds I planted in my garden. There really is just a huge collection here including Foxglove, Morning Glory, Poppy, Black Eyed Susan. Columbine...just a massive amount. They will grow up in a few weeks time and my fairy garden will be well on it's way. i also planted Sage, Catnip, Rosemary and Basil in my side garden. There is lavender around my tree and in the pot beside the porch. I want to plant more but it's still early in the season so some plants aren't available yet.
This is the Ostara cake I made for the goddess. It is the sour cream cake with honey drizzled over top. I'll be making little bundt versions of this for my work tomorrow.
And this is my new firepit! *squeels* I am so happy! I have been wanting one of these forever! I will be placing stones under it so as to make it look more formal and this will be my outdoor ritual space. Right out in the front yard. *chuckles* Next door neighbor saw me the other night doing a full moon ritual and he seemed confused and yet curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment