Sunday, March 6, 2011

Firepit and Cauldron

This is one of those places where I'm afraid I'm just going to have to suck it up and drop some cash to get what I need.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-30-Outdoor-Fire-Pit/15524218'=

I've debated digging a fire pit, but I'm just afraid that won't work out too well. Number one we rent the place we are in right now and I'm not sure how they might feel about me digging up a thick chunk of their yard. Second I do want everything to look nice. I wish I lived a little bit more out in the boonies where there was some degree of privacy. It feels awkward getting stuff ready to do a ritual right out in the backyard between two other houses.

Also, WHY ARE CAULDRONS SO EXPENSIVE!? It's like the second anyone tacks the word pagan, wiccan or witch onto it they add $30 to the price tag. Not to mention shipping. My mother-in-law has a small cauldron that she keeps in front of her fireplace. Maybe I can convince her to let me have it. It's small but just the right size for what I'm planning.

Ostara is not far off and I'm working on a ritual for that. It's going to involve spring cleaning both inside and outside, preparing the garden for planting, creating an outdoor ritual space, and blessing some items. I won't be offically dedicating myself till Beltane but none the less it will feel good to get back into the grove of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment