Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Ostara

Happy Ostara!

This is turning out to be a beautiful day today! I have cakes in the oven baking:

One for the goddess and one for myself!
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 12 minutes
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 8 tbsp honey
Preparation:
In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs; cream at high speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Gradually stir sifted dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Spoon in honey and mix thoroughly. Spoon the batter into a greased 9 or 10-inch Bundt pan Bake in a 350° oven for 1 hour. Cool cake completely before removing from pan. Once removed pour honey over top and allow to drip down sides.
OPTIONAL: Top with walnuts!

I'm going to keep this kinda loose and fun today! I want it to be a light celebration. I'll make some Kami braid to hang in the trees. I'll grind up one of the cakes and put it out in the yard for the birds. And then Laura and I are going out to Young's for ice cream and baby goat squees!! *squees*

My full moon ceremony went fairly well. I may have to try and remember everything next time. I kept having to leave the circle to get items I needed. Not to mention the stupid lighter refused to work for the longest damn time. Nothing ruins a ritual like "Damn clickclick stupid frigging click click click click LIGHTER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment