Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pagan Prompts

[info]ns_kumiho from Pagan Prompt asks:

How do you deal with possible averse influences in ritual whether from spirits or thoughts/emotions that may distract you?


Well most people make a circle for themselves to protect against outside influences during a ritual. I have heard people simply call the elements, others use salt or sage to cleanse and purify a space. I prefer to use a bell to ward off negative emotions and energy. To me the bell signify the beginning of the rituals. The sweet, pure chime sends a signal out to the welcoming spirits to join me and to annoy and drive away forbidding spirits who might interfere.

In my personal life it's a great deal more difficult. I feel a lot of stress, negative emotions, anger, jealousy and such every day. I try to remind myself to act better even if I can't stop the thoughts. I believe in acting honorably and doing your best to act with pride and joy. Not always possible but part of the trial is the striving and working towards a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment