Friday, March 18, 2011

Full Moon

SO I'm running around a wee bit crazily tonight. It will be my first full moon ritual in a very very long time and my very first one done solo. So much to get done. I'll take pictures of it all later and post them up, but wish me luck. I haven't written my own full moon ritual yet. Haven't really had time. XD I'm working on making the house all clean and nice as I believe the house should be clean for any ritual or spell work. I'm even scrubbing my tub down so I can do a full ritual cleansing. This should give some idea of how dedicated I am as I DESPISE bathroom cleaning. Mostly because the chemicals it takes to clean in there drive my asthma crazy. Makes it very difficult to breath and I cough and sneeze a lot. But worth it.
RITUAL BATH
Needs (for shower)
-apricot body scrub
-razor
-shaving cream
-shampoo
-conditioner
-body wash
-floofy body lather thinggy
Needs (for bath)
-hot water (hot as you can stand it)
-clean shaven and well scrubbed body
-oil/bath salt/bubble bath (I prefer a clean scent like eucalyptus, grapefruit, etc.)

For the shower portion I clean myself completely. I shave everything down, use the body scrub and rub myself a little pink till i feel like all the dead skin is gone. I wash my hair and face really well and just in general make myself feel pure in a physical sense.

I let the water re-heat (stupid slow water heater) and then run a hot bath, just as hot as I can which for me is pretty hot. I pour some oil into the tub (actually this time it will be a grapefruit bubble bath I found), close the door, and soak. Sometimes I take in a book and read for a while. Other times I just let myself kinda sink into the tub and enjoy a little sensory deprivation. Sometimes I use candles and turn off the harsh florescent lighting. At any rate, I let myself absorb the events of the day and let them all flow out, good and bad.

By the time I get out I generally feel better all over. More relaxed and at ease.

Tonight I will be accomplishing a lot. Not only is there the actual full moon ceremony, there is:
-book blessing
-salt blessing
-water blessing
-burning my old spirit bag
-consecrating my new spirit bag
-asking for luck in the upcoming Ostara ritual

I found two interesting things today. First of all let me say blessing second hand book stores. Without them I don't think I could afford to read! I found the book Drawing Down the Moon by Margot Adler. While browsing Youtube I found

3 comments:

  1. Concerning bathroom cleaning - if you look around on the internet, you should find ways of cleaning everything properly without modern chemicals (I remember people mentioning baking soda, lemon juice, salt and stuff).

    Have fun with your ritual! I've already planned a bit (http://slimandhealthybymagic.blogspot.com/2011/03/shrinking-spells-self-love.html)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allergies and/or asthma can be super hard on you. I agree with Diandra about finding natural cleaning recipes, some use vinegar too. Salt has a nice magical element to it too, so cleaning with it and maybe infusing it with cleansing essential oils like eucalyptus or lavender would work for you. If your allergies aren't of the very worst variety and it's easier to buy ready-made supplies, I've had good luck with the Method bathroom products. I've also tried 7th Generation & Mrs. Meyer's. Your solitary ritual sounds interesting--do post your pix.

    ReplyDelete